2022 Whitewater Freeski Open IFSA Junior Regional 2*
2022 WHITEWATER FREESKI OPEN
IFSA JUNIOR REGIONAL 2* RESULTS
-- FINAL RESULTS --
ATTN: This information was updated 12/23/2021:
FACE COVERINGS WILL BE REQUIRED IN ALL INDOOR SPACES, LIFT MAZES AND WHILE RIDING AND UNLOADING LIFTS. A PROOF OF VACCINATION (POV) CARD AND GOVERNMENT ID WILL BE REQUIRED FOR GUESTS 12 AND OVER IN ALL INSIDE AREAS OF THE DAY LODGE, AND THE GLORY LODGE. POV WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED FOR USE OF THE WHITEWATER SHUTTLE.
Face coverings will be required in all indoor spaces, lift mazes and while riding and unloading lifts. A Proof of Vaccination (PoV) card and Government ID will be required for guests 12 and over in all inside areas of the Day Lodge, and the Glory Lodge. PoV will also be required for use of the Whitewater Shuttle.
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of an IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- It is mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
Athlete Check-in: January 6th 9am – 5pm at Whitewater Downtown Office located at 602 Lake Street, Nelson, BC V1L4W8
Mandatory* Athlete Meeting: Details TBA
*If you cannot attend the mandatory athlete meeting, you must make arrangements with the event organizer, listed below.
Competition Dates: January 7-9, 2022
Age Categories: U12, 12-14 and 15-18
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Registration: TUESDAY DEC 14, 2021 @ 7:00 PM MST
- Registration Link: https://thedriven.net/event.race_regifsa/eid/40812023589#b1
Event Registration Price for Athletes:
$85 for 12-18 Age Categories
$65 for U12 Age Categories
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2022 Membership.
Event Registration Price for IFSA Coach Members: FREE
An IFSA Coach membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA Coach Membership.
Coaches MUST register for event on The Driven to gain ticketing benefits and venue access
Athlete Ticket Deals: 25% Off Full Mountain Full Day Lift Tickets for each day of the competition including January 6th.
Parent or Family Ticket Deals: 25% Off Full Mountain Full Day Lift Tickets for each day of the competition including January 6th for up to 3 immediate family members.
Registrants can purchase their discounted lift tickets at Check-In.
Lodging Deals: Best Western
The Best Western Plus Baker Street Inn (www.bwbakerstreetinn.com) is our accommodation sponsor for the 2022 event. They will be offering a special direct booking discounted rate for $139.99 + tax for a double queen room, based on double occupancy and an extra $10 for each additional person. Rooms are limited, so remember to book in advance and mention that you are visiting for the SMITH Junior Freeski Open. This hotel is the only full-service hotel on Baker Street, and be sure to check out their new modern Italian restaurant, Marzano
If you need any special group dinners or events, you can contact us any time. Overnight guests of the hotel are also entitled to a discounted full hot breakfast of $9.99. Stay at the Baker Street Inn and you can also relax in the hot tub or exercise in our fitness centre. Pets are always welcome wireless internet is free.
Nelson offers a large variety of accommodation options, and you are sure to find something budget-friendly with a great location. Visit our website www.skiwhitewater.com for more on Nelson and the surrounding area.
Coaches: Coaches will ONLY qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven.
You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2022 IFSA Coach Membership and registered on The Driven.
COACH TICKETING POLICY - MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE DRIVEN
- 1 Athlete: No ticket
- 2-4 Athletes: 1 Free Coach ticket
- 5-10 Athletes: 2 Free Coach tickets
- 11-15 Athletes: 3 Free Coach tickets
- 16+ Athletes: At Event Host’s discretion
For all IFSA Junior Freeride Events, the event refund policy is established by the Event Organizer.
WHITEWATER CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date unless a doctor verifies a positive Covid-19 test.
- If the event should be cancelled due to weather or unforeseen circumstance on event day, no refund will be issued to help cover the administrative costs of event setup and compensating the judges and employees required to be on the hill.
- A 50% refund will be provided if the event is forced to cancel due to local health regulations or restrictions
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued.
To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.