2021 Sugarbush Freeski Challege IFSA Junior Regional 2*
This 2021 Series event is subject to change!
We encourage you to check back often for updates, schedule changes, registration dates, etc. Additional information will be added promptly, as it is made available to the IFSA Administrative Team. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
IFSA JUNIOR REGIONAL 2* RESULTS
-- FINAL RESULTS --
Per Vermont’s current COVID Competition Guidelines,
this event is only for those athletes currently residing in Vermont.
All athletes must complete a COVID Health Prescreening on comp day.
MARCH 5 UPDATE
We would like to cordially extend registration for our March 12 Sugarbush Junior Regional to athletes in Vermont who have already collected 3 IFSA Junior Regional Series finishes this season. We've got ample space in our Sugarbush event and have decided to allow Vermonters to participate in a 4th event if they choose.
Please note that if you do collect a 4th finish at Sugarbush, it will essentially be a 'Friendly' comp, and no ranking points will be added. Recall that the best TWO of an athlete's first THREE Regional Series finishes are used to calculate your IFSA Overall Ranking. If Sugarbush is your 4th event, no points will be earned.
We've also added snowboarding divisions, so we hope to see our VT shredders GET SOME!
We know it's been such a tough season, so we thought it would be nice to allow athletes who have collected three finishes to utilize a fourth Sugarbush start as a 'Friendly.' We know how awesome it is to see your Freeride friends on the slopes and we hope to see you there!
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of a 2021 IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- New for 2021: it will now be mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
☞ Review the 2020-2021 IFSA Series Handbook: CLICK HERE
☞ Back Protectors are MANDATORY for an athlete's competition run(s).
☞ Please review our Venue Inspection & Terrain Enhancement Protocol: CLICK HERE
Mandatory* Athlete Meeting:
Virtual Athlete Meeting will take place on Thursday at 4:00 PM
Athletes + Coaches should look for an email with meeting info + comp details on Wednesday afternoon.
*If you cannot attend the mandatory athlete meeting, you must make arrangements with the event organizer, listed below.
Competition Dates: March 12, 2021
Divisions: Skiing & Snowboarding
Age Categories: 12-14, 15-18
Total Participants: 100
Venue will be accessible from the Mt. Ellen base area.
No gathering, congregating, or forming groups at the start or finish gates.
All athletes, coaches and parents must follow all Resort and State Guidelines for COVID Protocols. https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19 All athletes and coaches must complete a Health Screening prior to the event – see link above.
Results will be posted online. For 2021, the winner of each category will be mailed a Sugarbush SWAG Bag. Please make sure you enter you correct mailing address.
COVID Safety – a double layer face covering from over the nose to under the chin without holes is required. Our Resort currently requires mask usage at all times except when seated for active eating and drinking. There is no bag storage at the resort, please plan to boot up in your cars. The Mt. Ellen Base Lodge has restroom access on the first floor and additional port-o-pots outside. The Glen House Mid-Mountain Lodge does not have public bathroom access. Please stay home if you are sick or have any COVID like symptoms.
To order food at the resort or make a table reservation you will need to do so online via the following link https://www.exploretock.com/group/sugarbush
Mt. Ellen options include Mt. Ellen Café, Green Mountain Lounge and Walt’s at the Glen House.
After the event, ticket holders will have access to all of Mt. Ellen including our signature terrain park, Riemergasse located off the Sunny Quad. However, the Mt. Ellen Ticket does not give access to our Lincoln Peak location. If desired, athletes and/or coaches pay to upgrade to an All-Mountain Lift Ticket. To do so, please visit the Mt. Ellen Ticket Window.
Liability release waivers for this event can be downloaded as a PDF file below.
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
For event day questions, please call Mt. Ellen Guest Services at 802.583.6867
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Registration OPENS: Wednesday, March 3 @ 6:00 PM EST
- Registration CLOSES: Wednesday, March 10 @ 12:00 PM EST
- Registration Link: https://thedriven.net/event.race_regifsa/eid/39390235789
Event Registration Price: $60
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2021 Membership.
- Pre-registered athletes: Will either be emailed a unique discount code OR be provided a link to obtain their discounted Mt. Ellen Only Lift Ticket for $70 with a SugarXpress Card or $75 without. Tickets may be picked-up at the Mt. Ellen Lift Ticket Kiosk or Ticket Window located outside of the Mt. Ellen Base Lodge. The window opens at 7:30 AM.
Please Note: The Mt. Ellen Ticket does not give access to our Lincoln Peak location. If desired, athletes and/or coaches pay to upgrade to an All-Mountain Lift Ticket. To do so, please visit the Mt. Ellen Ticket Window.
- Parent Tickets: Sorry, no parent or spectator tickets are available but you may purchase in advance online at https://www.sugarbush.com/plan/lift-tickets/
- PLEASE NOTE: We do not sell any walk-up lift tickets at our windows. The Resort Ticket Cancellation Policy can be viewed here https://www.sugarbush.com/plan/resort-cancellation-policies/ For the best deal, purchase soon.
- Coaches: You are ONLY eligible for the complimentary lift ticket if you are a L100 or L200 coach with a current 2021 IFSA Coach Membership. You will be emailed a unique voucher code for online redemption. You will need to load onto a SugarXress RFID Card or purchase one for $5 and will pickup their ticket at the Mt. Ellen Ticket Office.
- We are offering some lodging deals right now at both our Sugarbush Inn and Clay Brook Hotel. Save up to 30% on lodging for Vermont Residents and/or Kids Ski FREE. More info here https://www.sugarbush.com/plan/packages/
For all IFSA Junior Freeride Events, the event refund policy is established by the Event Organizer.
SUGARBUSH CANCELLATION POLICY
- If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date.
- If the event should be cancelled due to weather or unforeseen circumstance on event day, no refund will be issued to help cover the administrative costs of event setup and compensating the judges and employees required to be on the hill.
- A 50% refund will be provided if the event is forced to cancel due to local health regulations or restrictions
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued. To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.
TBA upon completion of event