2022 Palisades Tahoe | Tahoe Freeride IFSA Junior National 3*
Please familiarize yourself with the health and wellness
policies of Palisades Tahoe before registering for this event:
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of an IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- It is mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
Please see Tahoe Freeride Website for additional info.
Athlete Check-in: Location TBA
Mandatory* Athlete Meeting: Zoom Links to be sent to registered athletes.
Thursday at 6 pm for Friday athletes
Friday at 6 pm for Saturday athletes
Sunday Final Athlete Zoom Meeting: To be determined
*If you cannot attend the mandatory athlete meeting, you must make arrangements with the event organizer, listed below.
Competition Dates: Feb 25, 26 & 27, 2022
Divisions: Skiing & Snowboarding
Age Categories: 12-14 and 15-18
Important to note: Palisades Tahoe is the new name for what was Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows. Competition venue(s) may be at either mountain, Squaw Valley is now referred to as Olympic Valley.
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Pre-Qual Reg OPENS: Nov 29, 2021 @ 5:00 PM MST
- Pre-Qual Reg CLOSES: Dec 1, 2021 @ 11:59 PM MST
Athletes will be emailed link by Nov 29th AM
- Team Quota Reg OPENS: Dec 2, 2021 @ 5:00 PM MST
- Team Quota Reg CLOSES: Dec 5, 2019 @ 11:59 PM MST
Coaches will provide registration instructions to selected athletes
- Open Registration: December 7, 2021 @ 9:00 PM MST
- Registration will operate on a first come, first served basis.
- A waitlist will be activated onece the event is filled
- Open Registration Link: https://thedriven.net/event.race_regifsa/eid/40731012457 .
ATTENTION: Please read and understand the policy below as we struggle to accomodate surging demand in the Far West and Rocky Mountain geographic regions.
Attention new IFSA athletes competing in their first season!!!
Consistent with the guidance provided in section 1.9.of The IFSA Athlete Handbook, IFSA Junior National 3* events are best suited for athletes who have competed during the previous season and are a progression from IFSA Jr Regional 2* events. Please consider your past competitive history before registering for this event.
Event Registration Price for Athletes: $235
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2022 Membership.
Event Registration Price for IFSA Coach Members: FREE
An IFSA Coach membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA Coach Membership.
Coaches MUST register for event on The Driven to gain ticketing benefits and venue access
Athlete Ticket Prices: $59 (13-18 years) and $29 (12 years & under)
Parent & Family Ticket Prices: $69 (19 years +)
Registered athletes will receive lift ticket purchase details via email
Coaches: Coaches will ONLY qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven.
You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2022 IFSA Coach Membership and registered on The Driven.
COACH TICKETING POLICY - MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE DRIVEN
- 1 Athlete: No ticket
- 2-4 Athletes: 1 Free Coach ticket
- 5-10 Athletes: 2 Free Coach tickets
- 11-15 Athletes: 3 Free Coach tickets
- 16+ Athletes: At Event Host’s discretion
For all IFSA Junior Freeride Events, the event refund policy is established by the Event Organizer.
TAHOE FREERIDE CANCELLATION POLICY
• Refunds will be issued up until midnight 10 days before the first day of competition. After that date refunds will not be issued unless due to injury, COVID-19 or illness, a doctor’s note will be required.
• There is a $45 processing fee for all refunds including injury and illness.
• Should an event be cancelled for any reason, refunds will be issued minus $45 processing fee.
• In the instance of a rescheduled event, paid registration fees will go toward the rescheduled event. If an athlete cannot make the rescheduled date, they will be issued a refund minus the $45 processing fee. The request must be made 7 days prior to the first day of rescheduled competition for that event.
• If your division is unable to compete due to weather, you will be issued a refund minus $45 processing fee.
• There will be no refunds to any athlete given the opportunity to take at least one run.
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued.
To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.