2022 Revelstoke IFSA Junior Regional 2*
This 2022 Series event is subject to change!
We continue to face uncertainty about event viability due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage you to check back often for updates, schedule changes, registration dates, etc. Additional information will be added as soon as our Event Organizing partner provides information to the IFSA Administrative Team. Thank you for your patience and understanding with these ongoing challenges.
Dear Western Canadian Freeride families,
WCF has been working hard to find the best solution to take care of our Freeride community during another dynamic season, thank you kindly for your patience while we addressed unprecedented demand and enormous waitlists for the Revelstoke Junior Regional 2* event.
With competitive starts in high demand and event cancellations at Kimberley and Castle mountain, WCF proposed additional regional events at Kicking Horse and Fernie to create more competitive opportunities so athletes will get enough series finishes. KHMR and Fernie were unable to host additional events. Fortunately, Revelstoke has agreed to utilize the weather day advertised on March 13th as an added competition day in order to facilitate all waitlisted athletes.
Revelstoke is pleased to provide discounted lodging to help accommodate for the new change in event format.
All waitlisted athletes will be moved to the participant list and the event format will be as follows for the Revelstoke JN Regional March 9-13th.
Thank you kindly for your support.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Please ensure you review, understand and comply with all mandates, rules or precautions around the resort’s health and wellness policy. You should review this page BEFORE registering or attending an IFSA event.
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of an IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- It is mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
Wednesday, March 9th
*Please note: Venue is CLOSED to public, athletes, and coaches.
- 1:00pm to 5:00pm- Athlete Check-in for U12 Ski F and 12-14 Ski M only in Guest Services (Ticket Office). Athletes receive numbered bibs, sign waivers, purchase lift tickets. Any athlete that cannot make check-in must give advance notice to the event coordinator.
- 7:00pm– Mandatory athletes meeting @ Teams for U12 Ski F and 12-14 Ski M
Thursday, March 10th – Qualifier Day for U12 Ski F and 12-14 Ski M
- 8:10am– Priority gondola load for U12 Ski F and 12-14 Ski M
- 9:00am- Course inspection in North Bowl for U12 Ski F and 12-14 Ski M
- 10:00am- Competition starts. First competitor to run.
- 3:00pm- 1st Day Qualifier ends.
- 1:00pm to 5:00pm– Athlete check-in for U12 Ski M and 12-14 Ski F only in Guest Services (Ticket Office). Athletes receive numbered bibs, sign waivers, purchase lift tickets. Any athlete that cannot make check-in must give advance notice to the event coordinator.
- 5:00pm– Day 1 Qualifier results released in the Rockford Plaza.
- 7:00pm– Mandatory athletes meeting @ Teams for U12 Ski M and 12-14 Ski F
Friday, March 11th – Qualifier Day for U12 Ski M and 12-14 Ski F
- 8:10am– Priority gondola load for U12 Ski M and 12-14 Ski F
- 9:00am– Course inspection in North Bowl for U12 Ski M and 12-14 Ski F
- 10:00am– Competition starts. First competitor to run.
- 3:00pm– 2nd Day Qualifier ends.
- 1:00pm-5:00pm– Athlete chick-in for 15-18 Ski F and 15-18 Ski M only in Guest Services. Athletes receive numbered bibs, sign waivers, purchase lift tickets. Any athlete that cannot make check-in must give advance notice to the event coordinator.
- 5:00pm– Day 2 Qualifier results released in the Rockford Plaza
- 7:00pm– Mandatory athletes meeting @ Teams for 15-18 Ski F and 15-18 Ski M.
Saturday, March 12th – Qualifier Day for 15-18 Ski F and 15-18 Ski M.
- 8:10am– Priority gondola load for 15-18 Ski F and 15-18 Ski M
- 9:00am– Course inspection in North Bowl for 15-18 Ski F and 15-18 Ski M
- 10:00am– Competition starts. First competitor to run.
- 3:00pm– 3rd Day Qualifier ends.
- 5:00pm– Day 3 Qualifier results released in the Rockford Plaza
- 7:00pm– Mandatory athletes meeting @ teams for finalists.
Sunday, March 13th – Finals for all categories.
- 8:10am – Priority gondola load for finalists.
- 9:00am – Course inspection for finalists.
- 10:00am - Competition starts. First competitor to run.
- 3:00pm – Finals end.
- 5:00pm – Award ceremony in the Rockford Plaza
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Registration Opens: TUESDAY JANUARY 18th @ 8PM MST
- Registration Link: https://thedriven.net/event.race_regifsa/eid/40984123579
Event Registration Price for Athletes: $110
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2022 Membership.
Event Registration Price for IFSA Coach Members: FREE
An IFSA Coach membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA Coach Membership.
Coaches MUST register for event on The Driven to gain ticketing benefits and venue access
Lift Ticket discounts for March 10-13 will be
- Athletes: 50% off day rate
- Family: 25% off day rate
The ticket office, located in Guest Services, is open from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM to sell athlete and coaches lift tickets.
We ask that parents and siblings are accompanied by the registered athlete when purchasing tickets.
Bookable: Now-March 9
Dates of Stay: March 9-14
Discount Code: IFSAMAR
Coaches: Coaches will ONLY qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven. You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2022 IFSA Coach Membership and registered on The Driven.
COACH TICKETING POLICY - MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE DRIVEN
- 1 Athlete: No ticket
- 2-4 Athletes: 1 Free Coach ticket
- 5-10 Athletes: 2 Free Coach tickets
- 11-15 Athletes: 3 Free Coach tickets
- 16+ Athletes: At Event Host’s discretion
- If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date unless a doctor verifies a positive Covid-19 test.
- If the event should be cancelled due to weather or unforeseen circumstance on event day, no refund will be issued to help cover the administrative costs of event setup and compensating the judges and employees required to be on the hill.
- A 50% refund will be provided if the event is forced to cancel due to local health regulations or restrictions.
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued. To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.