2021 Big Sky Vol. 1 IFSA Junior Regional 2*
This 2021 Series event is subject to change!
We encourage you to check back often for updates, schedule changes, registration dates, etc. Additional information will be added promptly, as it is made available to the IFSA Administrative Team. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2021 EVENT RECAP
SCHEDULE -- click here or see PDF below
Thank you to our sponsors: Big Sky Resort, GoPro,
Shedhorn Grill, Big Sky Bravery, and
The Hungry Moose Market and Deli.
We will be doing communications and posting information using an app called Team App:
Find our group: Big Sky IFSA Junior Regional # 1
Day 1 will be held in “Don’t tell Mama (DTM)” and finals will be in “Rockville.” See the venue maps attached to look at the details. You must check in with the inspection coordinators at the top of each venue before entering. On Friday, DTM will be open for 2 inspection runs from 10:00 – 2:00. Rockville will be closed until Sunday morning for one inspection run before the comp. You must have a bib # sticker on your helmet to enter inspection!
Helmets, back protectors and beacons are required to compete. For this competition it is not required to have backpacks equipped to carry skis or a snowboard because our venues do not require a hike.
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of a 2021 IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- New for 2021: it will now be mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
☞ Review the 2020-2021 IFSA Series Handbook: CLICK HERE
☞ Back Protectors are MANDATORY for an athlete's competition run(s).
☞ Please review our Venue Inspection & Terrain Enhancement Protocol: CLICK HERE
SEE ATTACHED PDF Schedule
Check-in & Venue Inspection: Jan 29, 2021
Check-in will be limited to only 1 coach per team or independent athlete. It will be held at the BSSEF clubhouse building on Friday from 9:00 – 12:00 (located above the “M” lot in freeskier parking in the Big Sky base area). There is no parking at the team building so please park in freeskier parking and walk up.
Coaches will check in their athletes and pickup packages to distribute to their teams. Check-in cannot be complete until coaches have filled out this COVID form certifying they have done a COVID check with their athletes: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfESJzxM26WlF8LtJnnSqjmWlXiCzZzPWIq4Ki45VcQCsKxhg/viewform?usp=sf
***Coaches, please fill this out BEFORE check-in***
Comp Dates: Jan 30-31, 2021
Divisions: Skiing, Snowboarding
Age Categories: U12, 12-14, 15-18
For Check-in + Athlete Meeting:
Join TeamApp for details! We will not be meeting in person this year so all the information we would normally discuss will be released in a PowerPoint presentation on Team App. We will also release details specific to each day in Team App regarding start lists, results, weather and the plan of action for the following day.
Spectating is not allowed at any IFSA competitions this year. Please do not form crowds in the finish area or take off your skis to watch the event. Unfortunately, it is not allowed. We will be filming the whole competition from the bottom and sharing afterwards. We will also provide GoPro cameras for athletes to wear in their comp runs. The footage will be released as soon as we can afterwards. In addition, Crystal Images will be shooting high quality photos which will be for sale after the event.
Liability release waivers for this event can be downloaded as a PDF file below.
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
ATTENTION: REGISTRATION PRIORITY WILL BE AWARDED TO NORTHERN REGION ATHLETES.
Northern Region athletes with a current IFSA 2021 Athlete Membership will be emailed an access passcode prior to 12:00 PM MST on Friday, January 8th. They will have until 11:59 MST on Sunday, January 10th to register. Registration for the entire IFSA community will open on Monday, January 11th.
- NORTHERN REGION Registration
- OPENS: Friday, January 8, 2021 @ 4:00 PM MST
- CLOSES: Sunday, January 10, 2021 @ 11:59 PM MST
- Registration Link: Click Here
- Passcode: Check your email or consult with your coach. If you haven't received a passcode by 12:00 PM MST on the 8th, contact us.
- If you miss the priority registration window, you will have to register during the general registraiton period, details below.
- GENERAL IFSA COMMUNITY Registration
UPDATE: Sunday Jan 10 @ 8:00 PM - THIS EVENT IS NEARLY SOLD OUT
If you sign up for this event during the general registration window on Monday, Jan 11, there is a high liklihood that you will end up on the waiting list. If a cancellation occurs and you are added to the athlete roster, you will recieve email confirmation.
- OPENS: Monday, January 11, 2021 @ 4:00 PM MST - LIMITED SPACE REMAINS, WAITLIST LIKELY
- Registration Link: Click Here
Event Registration Price: $115
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2021 Membership.
- Click Here - https://shop.bigskyresort.com/s/bssef/p/bssef-2
Tickets are available at a discount rate for athletes and families using the link above. Do not share this link. If you have an RFID from a previous season please reuse it. After you pre-purchase these, pick up your pass at the lift ticket booth in the Big Sky Base Area.
- For Lodging Deals - Click Here
- If a rider requests a refund more than two weeks prior to the event date, a full refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- If a rider requests a refund less than two weeks before the event date, a 50% refund (minus transaction fees) will be issued.
- No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than one week before the event date.
- If the event should be cancelled due to weather or unforeseen circumstance on event day, no refund will be issued to help cover the administrative costs of event setup and compensating the judges and employees required to be on the hill.
Awards will be done virtually for this event. We will announce more details in Team App as we get closer.