Big Sky Ski Education Foundation
Freeride Team Coaching Staff- Job Announcement
Application deadline: September 25 th, 2020
Our coaches help prepare athletes ages 12 – 18 for IFSA sanctioned freeride competitions. The program is based on the 5 judging categories of freeride: Line, Control, Technique, Fluidity and Style / Energy. We hike at least once per day and ski steep terrain frequently. Coaches are expected to help athletes scout proper take-offs and landings, offer advice on air/ski technique, lead drill sets, and be a positive influence. Our staff strives to create the safest learning environment for our athletes as possible while helping them improve their skills. Coaches are not permitted to do inverts or push their own abilities on the clock. It is expected for all employees to be available to work every weekend throughout the season and attend Christmas camp Dec 26 – 31st as well as local competitions.
• High school degree
• US citizen
• At least 20 years of age
• Obtain First Aid, CPR, Avi 1, USSA 100, Safesport 100, IFSA 100 (paid for by BSSEF)
• Exceptional physical strength and skiing / boarding skills
• Highly preferred to have at least 3 years of competitive experience in freeride, park or alpine racing Benefits
• Season Pass • Access to pro discounts on gear
• Start at $100/day (DOE) and earn up to $125/day
• A gear locker in Big Sky
• Gear Budget for returning coaches
Applications will be reviewed after September 25th, 2021. Qualified applicants will be emailed and/or called for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.