FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Denver, CO – March 12, 2013 - The Junior Events Tour of the Americas (JETA) and Revelstoke Mountain Resort are pleased to announce the International Freeskiers and Snowboarders Association (IFSA) North American Championships at Revelstoke.
The Revelstoke Championships, running April 2nd - 7th 2013, will be this season’s final competitive arena for the top tiered IFSA athletes. The first round selections for Revelstoke can be found at http://www.freeskiers.org/qualified-for-revy. Registration for this group will open today, March 12th, at 1:00 pm athttps://www.athletepath.com/ifsa-north-american-championships/2013-04-04 .
This first group will have six days to accept and register for the event with first round invitations expiring Sunday 3/17 at 11:59PM (Midnight). The IFSA will be identifying additional qualified athletes on consecutive Tuesdays, March 19thand 26th, to incorporate results from the remaining IFSA National and Regional events. “After a big competitive season in junior freeskiing and riding, It will be exciting to gather the top ranked athletes across US & Canada for this event and we are pleased to have Revelstoke be the venue for these talented Riders to compete.” said Tour Director Nicholas Whittemore.
Questions about qualifications for Revelstoke
- I qualified for the IFSA NA Revelstoke Champs, what's next?
- Make sure you confirm your spot by registering in the next six days. Your spot will be released if you don't register. You can register here starting at 1pm MST 3/12/13.
- I qualified for Revelstoke. Why am I'm no longer on the national/regional rankings?
- Qualified athletes are still included on the Overall Ranking list but removed from national/regional rankings as these were used to establish qualified athletes for the champs. Keep in mind athletes on the qualified list are ranked alphabetically not by overall rank.
- When do I need to be in Revlestoke to compete?
- I didn't make the first cut, is there still a chance I'm invited?
- Yes, the IFSA will be identifying additional qualified athletes on consecutive Tuesdays, March 19th and 26th, to incorporate results from the remaining IFSA National and Regional events. If an athlete has not earned points from a top 15 result, athletes will be chosen based on their top result.
- How will the Overall rankings for the season be tallied?
- Athletes' Championship result, top 3 National results, and top 2 Regional finish will count towards the Overall Tour Ranking.
- I don't have points yet, so where am I ranked on the national and regional list?
- Currently athletes are ranked by points and athletes with no points are ranked alphabetically. For the next round of invites, we will be looking at the best finish for qualifying athletes to Revy.
We are excited to announce the Chugach Open at Alyeska Resort has been added to IFSA regional schedule in PNW region.
Chugach Open - Comp Schedule
Thursday, March 28
- 6 – 8 pm: Event registration and bib handout at the Sitzmark.
- Mandatory competitor briefing to follow.
Friday, March 29
- 9 am: Mandatory competitor briefing for Run 1 at the base of Ted's Express
- 9:30 am: Venue Inspection
- 11 am: Run 1 begins. One run per competitor.
- 8 pm: Run 1 results & the cut @ the Sitzmark.
- Mandatory competitor briefing and bib hand out for Runs 2 & 3 to follow.
- 10 pm: Michal Menert @ the Sitzmark
Want to know which athletes will be qualified to the IFSA NA Championships at Revelstoke? We will make the first announcement of qualified athletes on March 12th!